If you have a conventional HVAC system, all the air that passes through your home goes through ductwork. Neglecting your ducts can result in leaks, performance issues, and poor indoor air quality. A-1 Heating and Cooling provides affordable programs that make it easy for homeowners or building managers to prioritize maintenance for this essential HVAC component.
Issues That Arise Due to Neglected Ducts
There are many problems that can occur if you don’t inspect and repair your ductwork. Here are the major issues caused by a poorly maintained ventilation system:
- Leaks and blockages
Holes or damaged ducts create leaks and blockages that obstruct airflow, making your HVAC system work harder.
- Mold and other contaminants
These contaminants collect in dirty ventilation shafts and ducts, putting your family, customers, employees and guests at risk.
- Frequent breakdowns and costly repairs
If you ignore these issues, you can also end up with higher energy bills.
Duct Maintenance Tips for Exemplary Performance
Routine duct maintenance can prolong the life of your heating and cooling system. One thing you can do is ensure vents aren’t blocked by moving furniture and fixtures away from them to maximize airflow.
However, for best results, leave ductwork maintenance to the pros at A-1 Heating and Cooling. DIY solutions can cause further damage, putting your comfort — and your budget — at risk. Here are some best practices to discuss when scheduling professional ventilation system maintenance for your home or business:
- Seal air leaks. Leaks can suck away the warm or cool air produced by your HVAC unit. Our pros detect and seal all air leaks in you ductwork to improve the performance of your furnace or AC.
- Clean the ducts to get rid of dust and mold. Our team scrubs away mold, dirt and contaminants that collect in your ventilation system.
- Insulate your ductwork. Our team can insulate your ducts to improve performance.
- Install an air scrubber. Ask our technicians about installing an air scrubber inside the ductwork.
- Have ducts tested. An HVAC professional can inspect and test your ducts for harmful bacteria and contaminants and adjust your service accordingly.
If you would like additional HVAC maintenance tips, we can help.
Contact the Top Team for Ductwork Cleaning
Ductwork maintenance is an essential part of your HVAC upkeep. However, it’s a job best left to highly skilled and experienced professionals. Contact the team at A1 Heating and Cooling for all of your HVAC needs.