Having a reliable HVAC system is essential to the comfort and energy efficiency of your Bay Area home or business. Keeping your system in top operating condition requires regular maintenance services from a reliable HVAC contractor.
But with so many options, it can be a challenge to find a contractor who is dependable, trustworthy, experienced and affordable. Here are five things to look for to help you find the right company for the job.
5 Tips for Choosing a Bay Area HVAC Contractor
- Do your homework. Learn what kind of reputation the company has in the community. Asking your family, friends and neighbors for referrals is a great place to start. Check out customer reviews and ratings on Yelp, Angie’s List, the BBB, and other sites to see what others are saying. Any company can have a few dings, but consistent negative feedback is a red flag.
- Ask about their experience. There’s nothing wrong with hiring an HVAC contractor who’s just getting started in the business; everyone has to start somewhere. But a company that has been operating in the Bay Area for years likely has a track record of providing good service to satisfied customers. They’ll be familiar with the needs of area residents and better able to provide effective solutions to their problems.
- Check licenses and certifications. Your HVAC contractor must have all the licenses required to operate in both the city and the state for their work to pass inspection or be covered by insurance. They should also have the appropriate professional certifications to demonstrate their expertise. A reputable contractor will be more than happy to produce their credentials when asked. Steer clear of any company that won’t provide them immediately upon request.
- Inquire about training and qualifications. A quality HVAC contractor will employ only well-trained and qualified technicians with plenty of hands-on practical experience in the field and who will conduct themselves in a professional manner. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Ask if they’re bonded, insured and guaranteed. Any contractor you hire to work on your home should be properly bonded and insured to protect you from faulty work and accidents. They should also be willing to give you a guarantee of their work in most situations.
A-1 Heating and Cooling has been proudly serving the Bay Area since 1983. We’ve built a reputation on quality work, excellent customer service, and affordable prices. We’re happy to partner with QuietCool home ventilation systems. Contact us today to schedule your annual HVAC inspection.